Welcome to the London Youth Games
The 2018 London Youth Games for sailing is taking place at Queen Mary Sailing Club over the weekend of 23/24 June 2018.
Competitors with boats
- Should follow the instructions of marshals at all times (most will be wearing high-visibility jackets).
- Due to limited space, cars on upper level may not be left unattended at any time, nor may cars be parked there, except for those using our Disabled Parking Bays.
- Boats should be unloaded, then moved to the boat park as directed.
- After unloading your boat, you should take your car to the car park on the lower level.
- Immediately after the race, it is competitors' responsibility to clean the underside of boats that are leaving the Sailing Club. There are hoses to do this with.
All visitors and competitors
- should follow the marshals' instructions for parking
- no dogs are allowed on site except working Guide Dogs
- Registration in the Marquee will begin at 8.00 am on each day of racing
- Competitors' briefing will be held at 09.30 on each day of racing, on the ground floor
- Morning racing is scheduled to start at 10.30 and afternoon racing scheduled to start at 14.00 on each day of racing
- changing rooms and toilets are located on the ground floor of the Clubhouse; including Disabled access facilities
- all competitors and support staff must wear correctly fastened buoyancy aids while on the water
- all spectators and competitors not launching or landing their boats shall not go onto the sloping banks or pontoons of the reservoir
- Bar and catering is available on the upper deck throughout the day
This page is to provide information on the location, including boat hire, opening times etc. For the event details please visit the London Youth Games website.
Boat Drop Off & Pick Up
If you are bringing your own dinghy, access to the club is during opening hours only (see below for the specific opening hours around the event). Please call the office prior to arriving to get confirmation of where your kit can be left. There will be limited boat storage options on the upper level in the boat park, with most boats being stored on the lower level before and/or after the event.
Outside of club opening times, access is not available to the club and grounds secured.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday : 0900-1700
Saturday and Sunday : 0700-1900
We have 12 Picos, 6 Fevas and 6 Toppers available for hire, at a cost of £20 per day. Boat hire is per day. If you require the use of a boat for the full weekend you must book it out for each day. Payment is needed at time of booking and we are unable to invoice for boat hire.
Should you be interested in hiring a Hansa 303, please call the Office on 01784 248881 to enquire further.
- Boat insurance is provided by QM (damage waiver up to £400 for damage sustained through negligence)
- The Terms & Conditions for LYG boat hire are available below
- The Hire Agreement Form will be emailed out at time of booking so can be downloaded and completed prior to arriving on the day
Any enquiries regarding the hiring of boats for this event please contact Paul Adams – email@example.com / 01784 248881
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LYG BOAT HIRE
- Hirers are responsible for communicating to Queen Mary Sailing Club their ability relative to the weather conditions and choice of craft. The Duty Officer on the day will decide on eligibility for hire in the conditions.
- Minimum ability levels (further restrictions may be imposed in stronger wind conditions and busier racing environments):
Dinghy sailing: Adults: RYA Level 2 Juniors: RYA Stage 3
- MASTHEAD FLOATS MUST BE USED ON ALL DOUBLEHANDED DINGHIES and are provided
- Hirers must keep within the designated sailing areas and must not sail within the exclusion zones around dredgers, as indicated by the surrounding buoys.
- Directions of the Duty Officer and Safety Boat Drivers must be followed at all times.
- All equipment hire includes use of wetsuits. Wetsuits or drysuits must be worn from November 1 to March 31 by all water users.
- All equipment hire includes buoyancy aids which should be correctly worn at all times whilst on the water, pontoon or banks.
- Hire rate is as agreed by QM
- Should damage be sustained to the dinghy or a claim be made against the hirer, the damage waiver is a maximum of £400
- Credit/debit card details will be kept securely by the QM office should a successful claim be brought against the hirer post event. QM will make every effort to contact via the details above before a charge is made, however should no communication be possible, QM reserve the right to charge a fair price to the card details provided.
- All equipment damage must be reported at reception as soon as practicable and must be paid for unless the damage is deemed to be due to reasonable wear and tear.
- A responsible adult must remain on site to supervise under-18’s hiring
- Queen Mary Sailing Club reserve the right to refuse or curtail hire at any time for reasons of safety or if the weather conditions become unsuitable or for any other reason.