National School Sailing Association
Welcome to our page for all things regarding the NSSA
What is the NSSA?
The NSSA is a UK membership organisation for anyone involved with sailing in an educational environment. Concentrating on primary and secondary education. More information can be found at https://www.nssa.org.uk/
The 2017 NSSA National Youth Regatta took place from 24th to 28th July 2017 at Grafham Water in Cambridgeshire. We had a team of over 20 competitors this year, can we improve on this for 2018?
You can find more information about the event by contacting Steph on firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 NSSA Regatta will take place on the 22nd - 28th of July and is being held at one of our next door neighbours Datchet water sailing club. To sign up please use the links at the bottom of the page. If you wish to hire a QM boat please read below.
HIRING A BOAT
QM members are able to hire the clubs Toppers for the NSSA event. Please contact Paul (email@example.com) to confirm your interest. Due to summer courses we only have a limited number of boats available for hire. Terms & Conditions for hiring the club boats are as follows....
- Equipment can be taken off site only by members representing QMSC at events
- Taking equipment off site is subject to availability of the equipment and at the discretion of the QM Office
- All equipment hire must be booked with the QM Office prior to collection
- All equipment must be signed out upon collection and signed in upon return
- The equipment hire rates are set out below and must be paid prior to taking equipment
- All damages must be paid for – see ‘Damages and Insurance’ below.
- The period of hire to be charged is the number of days that the equipment is not available for use by the Club
- The use of all dinghies and Team 15 kit is charged at £20 per day the kit is offsite
- Hiring of a trailer is charged at £20 per event
Damages and Insurance
- 3rd party insurance covers all QM dinghies and windsurf kit. In the event of damage caused to a third party, a £200 insurance excess will be payable by the hirer unless alternate arrangements are agreed between parties involved.
- The Club’s 3rd party insurance does not cover damage to any of QM equipment. Any damage to equipment hired therefore will be payable by the hirer, up to the full replacement cost of the damaged equipment (normal wear and tear will not count as damage).
- All equipment damage must be reported to the QM Office as soon as possible by telephone – the equipment may be required for courses or other activities upon it’s return and the Club may need to make arrangements to accommodate.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all equipment is transported safely, and the hirer may wish to check with their car insurers that they are covered in the event of an accident whilst towing or carrying kit.